Position: Digital Media Data Analyst (Temporary) – Full Time, Remote
Duration: This is a temporary staff role through mid-November 2020
Hours: 40 hours per week during regular business hours 9am-5pm local time, Monday-Friday)
Location: This is a remote opportunity for an individual based anywhere in the US
Pulso is a Latinx-led social enterprise dedicated to raising up and keeping the pulse on nuestra gente. We build deep digital relationships with Latinx folks through their phones in order to transform civic engagement and build political power.
Pulso attracts and engages Latinx folks through our innovative Latinx history and news service, which is based on Facebook Messenger. With this daily relationship and by telling the stories that have shaped our community, Pulso connects U.S.-based Latinos/as/x with our history and encourages subscribers to take action on critical issues, register to vote, and to cast their votes on Election Day.
To see the digitally-based service we’re building, search for “Project Pulso” in the Facebook Messenger app. You can also learn more about our work at https://projectpulso.org/.
Pulso is a project of Accelerate Change (AC), a nonprofit media lab dedicated to catalyzing new scalable and sustainable digital media models for citizen engagement. See “The Secret of Scale” for more on AC’s model for scalable citizen organizing read and see “The Promise of Lean Experimentation” for AC’s approach to experimentation using Lean Startup methodologies and other business strategies, both from the Stanford Social Innovation Review.
About the Opportunity
Pulso is seeking a Digital Media Data Analyst to support our team’s growth and engagement strategies over the coming months.
As Pulso’s Digital Media Data Analyst (Temporary), here’s what you’ll do:
Efficiently and accurately pull data from experiments, analyze it, and propose next steps
● Partner with product and content teams to identify and apply learnings from experiments
● Make large sets of data actionable by quickly identifying when the data tells us that we’re on to something big, where something is going wrong, or where we should adjust our strategy and retest
● Execute deep-dive data analysis that delivers clear, actionable insights
● Develop reports, dashboards, and other tools as requested in a timely and accurate manner
What We’re Looking For
We are looking for someone who (required):
● Has 3+ years of experience with data analysis for social media platforms
● Is proficient with web analytics (e.g., Google Analytics) and A/B testing
● Is obsessed with error-free work
● Is committed to advancing progressive social change
● Understands the interests of and issues facing the U.S.-based Latinx community
We prefer someone who:
● Is highly entrepreneurial and thrives in a fast-paced, unstructured digital environment
● Is eager to learn, iterate, pivot, and experiment along with the rest of the team
● Is a team-player, and comfortable working remotely
● Has a sense of humor!
Compensation and Commitment
Compensation for this role is $23 – $25 per hour, depending on experience.
This is a temporary staff role through mid-November 2020. The hours commitment is 40 hours per week during regular business hours (9am-5pm local time, Monday-Friday).
To apply, please upload your resume and tell us more about your experience using this application form: https://bit.ly/31yv3dT.
- Pulso is incubated by Accelerate Change; Accelerate Change is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that people of color, people from working class backgrounds, women, and LGBTQIA+ people must be centered in the work we do. Hence, we strongly encourage applications from people with these identities, or who are members of other marginalized communities.