Role: Community Manager Internship (Part-time, Remote)
Reports to: Digital Marketing Manager
Direct Reports: N/A
Location: Part-time, remote internship position
Pulso is a Latinx-led social enterprise dedicated to raising up and keeping the pulse on nuestra gente. We build deep digital relationships with Latinx folks through their phones in order to transform civic engagement and build political power.
Pulso attracts and engages Latinx folks through our innovative Latinx history and news service, which is based on Facebook Messenger. With this daily relationship and by telling the stories that have shaped our community, Pulso connects U.S.-based Latinos/as/x with our history and encourages subscribers to take action on critical issues, register to vote, and to cast their votes on Election Day.
To see the digitally-based service we’re building, search for “Project Pulso” in the Facebook Messenger app. You can also learn more about our work at https://projectpulso.org/.
Pulso is a project of Accelerate Change (AC), a nonprofit media lab dedicated to catalyzing new scalable and sustainable digital media models for citizen engagement. See “The Secret of Scale” for more on AC’s model for scalable citizen organizing, and read “The Promise of Lean Experimentation” for AC’s approach to experimentation using Lean Startup methodologies and other business strategies, both from the Stanford Social Innovation Review.
About the Position
We are seeking a Community Manager Intern who lives and breathes content across digital media platforms to help us develop deep, trusted relationships with our subscribers. We reach a rapidly growing community of highly engaged Latinx voters who come to us because of our rich and relevant content that centers around the varied experiences of Latinxs in the U.S.
As a Community Manager Intern, you’ll write and reflect the panorama of experiences of our gente and present them in various social media platforms to engage new subscribers. The ideal candidate loves new challenges and is able to explain topics ranging from the need to speak up about the children separated from their parents at the border to coming up with Latinx history trivia in a compelling, conversational tone.
As a Community Manager Intern, here’s what you’ll do:
- Develop engaging posts for Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram using gifs, video, images, emojis, and text
- Respond to comments and questions on Pulso’s Facebook page, Twitter account, and Instagram feed
- Develop posts to help Pulso test new platforms, such as Snapchat and TikTok
- Assist with other projects, such as sourcing content and visuals, writing articles and stories, and researching platforms
What We’re Looking For
We are looking for someone who (required):
- Is a strong writer
- Has experience creating engaging posts for specific audiences on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
- Is committed to advancing progressive social change
- Understands the interests and issues of the U.S.-based Latinx community
We prefer someone who:
- Has experience with other digital media platforms, such as Snapchat and TikTok
- Has experience with Photoshop, Canva, and audio/video editing tools
- Has strong research skills
- Is comfortable taking initiative in their work and working both independently and as part of a team
- Is bilingual (English/Spanish)
Compensation and Commitment
Compensation for this role is $12 – $15 per hour, depending on experience. The time commitment is 15-20 hours per week for four months, with the potential to renew.
To apply please upload your resume and tell us more about your experience using this application form: http://bit.ly/PulsoIntern2019App.
Pulso is incubated by Accelerate Change; Accelerate Change is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that people of color, people from working class backgrounds, women, and LGBTQIA+ people must be centered in the work we do. Hence, we strongly encourage applications from people with these identities, or who are members of other marginalized communities.